Year-Round Coastal Cleanups
 Join the NUS-NParks Marine Debris Sampling Programme (research)
- No prior experience is required, just an interest!
- Briefing and sampling supplies are provided.
- For available dates, check the the programme webpage, or the ICCS blog or facebook page.
 Join a monthly cleanup led by Trash Hero or R.U.M.
You can join interest groups in Singapore which conduct monthly cleanups:
- Public monthly cleanups on mainland beaches with Trash Hero Singapore (free to join)
- Public monthly cleanups in Pulau Ubin with the Restore Ubin Mangrove project (free to join); see their fb page too
 Have a cleanup organised for you, for a fee
- Waterways Watch Society offers a diversity of waterway cleanups on foot, kayak, pedal boat, boat as well as beach cleanups, for a fee. Examine their programme catalogue and contact them.
 Organise your own cleanup
Besides the annual International Coastal Cleanup Singapore in September, Organisers may want to organise cleanups at any other time of the year, on their own.
Year-Round Coastal Cleanups (YRCC) do not use the ICCS Data Card but collect the following information for an idea of the trash load at various sites around the year:
Send us this data with photos of your cleanup to help raise awareness and for us to acknowledge these year-round efforts!
- total number of volunteers,
- the number of black trash bags used,
- the total weight and
- length of beach cleaned.
There are three types of beaches you can apply for:
- Recreational beach (register with PHC; requires 3 weeks notice)
- East Coast Beach
- Changi Beach
- Pasir Ris Beach
- Sembawang Beach (small site)
- Sites in nature parks (email NParks; requires 3 weeks notice)
- Pulau Ubin
- Sungei Buloh
- Coney Island
- Non-recreational State Land sites (apply through ICCS; requires 4 weeks notice)
Celebrate the occasion!
Time your cleanups to celebrate local and international environment occasions, such as:
We organise a few mangrove cleanups and these are open to the public. Anyone can join us, and to be kept informed, sign up with our mailing list, or follow us on this blog, twitter or Facebook page.
- 02 Feb -- World Wetlands Day
- 22 Mar -- Singapore World Water Day
- 22 Apr -- Earth Day
- 06 May -- Keep Singapore Clean [link]
- 22 May -- World Biodiversity Day
- 23 May -- World Turtle Day
- 05 Jun -- World Environment Day
- 08 Jun -- World Oceans Day
- 09 Aug -- National Day
- 27 Sep -- World Tree Day
- 04 Oct -- World Animal Day